Physical empaths do not have the defenses that others have to screen things out. As a psychiatrist, knowing this significantly changed how I treated these patients. My job became teaching them to center and protect themselves, set healthy boundaries, and let go of energy they picked up from others.
To determine if you are a physical empath take the following quiz.
Quiz: Am I a Physical Empath?Ask yourself:
- Have I been labeled as overly sensitive or a hypochondriac?
- Have I ever sat next to someone who seemed nice but suddenly my eyelids got heavy and I felt like taking a nap?
- Do I feel uneasy, tired, or sick in crowds and avoid them?
- Do I feel someone else’s anxiety or physical pain in my body?
- Do I feel exhausted by angry or hostile people?
- Do I run from doctor to doctor for medical tests, but I’m told: “You’re fine.”
- Am I chronically tired or have many unexplained symptoms?
- Do I frequently feel overwhelmed by the world and want to stay home?