What does it feel like to be an empath? What does it feel like to actually experience people from the inside out? Is it a good quality that you want to cultivate? Or, do empaths often lead lonely lives, and suffer more than the rest of us? There is much myth, mystery and misinformation about what it feels like to be an empath. Some people use this to try to “sell” you courses, classes, products and programs on BECOMING an empath – which we’d all be wise to approach with caution. Why? Because empathy is a trainable skill. It’s something you can practice, which in turn, lights up your brain (and lifts your spirit, we’d argue as well) with the sort of STATES, that can later become traits.
Michael Martin, best selling author of “How to Talk to Spirits” writes about this quite a bit in his books, and how science and spirituality can intersect to transform the inner lives and experiences of all of us.
Are you feeling like you are becoming more spiritually sensitive?
Which empathic ability is strongest for you?
- Feeling empaths. (emotional sponges, you find other people’s emotions easy to absorb)
- Introverted empaths. (you feel “lived” and owned by your own emotions, moment to moment, which leads to withdrawal)
- Dharma driven emapths. (you feel the need to heal the world, to share your gift and to wake up the world with your work)
- Dreamer empaths. (your strongest skills tend to come out when you sleep – often in lucid dreams)
- Bohdhisattva empaths. (you feel the pain of the world, absorb it and seek out solutions to solve the BIG problems we all face together. Your motivations are generally spiritual and selfless – and there is very little “me” focus)
- Inspirational empaths. (your motivation is generally to cultivate a community and transform a tribe of peers. You are a leader, and others flock to you naturally)
- Introspective empaths. (you tend to keep your gift to yourself, and think deeply about problems – both your own – your friends, family and even strangers…..YET, other than your close knit soul circle, no one would know the depth of your sensitivity)
- Energetic empaths. (you pick up on the energy of others, but not always, their emotions. You may feel sleepy – or speedy – simply by being in the presence of others whose bodily energy you absorb)
- Aura empaths. (you may have all of the traits above – or some of theme – but you see, feel, or even taste the aura’s of others. You see, feel; and even speak in “colors”. (you may also be a synthesete – or show signs of synthesesia, which is the ability to , hear colors, taste sounds, and other blending of senses that only a very small percentage of people will ever understand.
- Spiritual empaths. (you are a medium – or have the innate ability to feel, sense or see spirit. (note – for those of you who are natural empaths but want to accentuate your “medium” muscle, we recommend “how to talk to spirits” by renowned gifted medium, Michael Martin.
What about you? Any of these familiar? Let us know in the community comments section below!
What do you think?
It is nice to know your opinion. Leave a comment.