Who else is thinking about getting a psychic reading, but isn’t sure what a good psychic sounds or looks like? Do you worry about being ripped off, scammed or being taken advantage of by an unscrupulous psychic, medium or clairvoyant? Or maybe you’ve seen so many psychic stereotypes and caricatures, that you aren’t sure what a REAL reader will sound like, or say during a reading to prove that they are REAL?
If any of this sounds familiar….the good news is, you are not alone.
As a matter of fact, there is nothing more common than wanting a little bit of assurance before you get a reading that the person you will be speaking with is not only REAL, but that they are honest, empathetic and have good intentions for you, and your future as well.
With that in mind, after 10 years of writing about, reading and researching psychics and mediums and spiritual professionals of ALL types and stripes both personally and professionally alike, here are a few simple do’s and don’ts for picking honest, accurate and genuine psychics you are sure to love.
- DON’T trust any psychic that advertises their accuracy as a percentage or “hit” rate.
- DO look for readers who have a track record of success, positive reviews and legions of fans who are willing to publically share their experience with that reader.
- Don’t call or visit psychics or mediums who have “100% free” offers or ads online.
- DON’T seek out psychics who promise to remove (or place) curses, hexes or spells……or anything else that sounds more like MAGIC, than mediumship.
- DO look for psychic services or networks that put their money where their mouths are….with performance promises and 100% money back guarantees. A good reader SHOULD have a performance pledge, and if you don’t connect within a certain period of time, or the information they DO offer isn’t accurate, most legitimate readers will offer your money back….or offer an alternative reading with someone else you may connect with a bit better.
- DO gravitate towards psychics and spiritual teachers who look like normal people you would see in the store or in your neighborhood….because most of us DO!
- DO prepare yourself for the reading as well. Write down 3-5 BIG questions you’d like to have answered, and keep them in front of you at all times during your session. Remember to ask what is MOST important to you, and remember that when you pay for a reading, you are the client…and should have some control over the direction the reading goes.
DON’T allow a psychic or medium to do all of the talking, or to be pushy, or aggressive about what they believe to be true.
If you say – “this doesn’t fit” and they INSIST that it does, if you are 100% sure they are on the wrong path, it’s okay to take control, or to end the session if they are overbearing and inaccurate. (there can be exceptions to this, but as a general rule, I find it to be true)
Lastly, remember to have fun, to enjoy yourself and to not over think it.
The best readings should be memorable and enjoyable alike..and if you are too uptight or stressed, not only will the reading probably suffer, but so too will your ability to enjoy the experience as well!